Looking for something else?
Tunnel – GPS Configuration parameters: “GPS_”
Parameters with the prefix GPS_ are related to MTX-Tunnel configurations to be used in MTX devices (only for those disposing of GPS).
By using an MTX with incorporated GPS module you can configure the modem to send the location to a WEB server periodically. Unlike the former versions of MTX-Tunnel firmware, from the version v9.18 onwards it is possible to store GPS locations in the internal Logger to avoid location data loss when there is no 2G/3G/4G coverage. The locations will be sent later when 2G/3G/4G coverage is there again.
Table of Contents
Description: Allows to set a time period in seconds in which GPS locations are collected in order to be stored in the Logger and later sent to a WEB server.That is to say, if you set the value 60, the modem will collect one GPS location per minute and send it in JSON format to your Web server.
- 0, 30… 2592000 (seconds)
- Default value: 0 (not activated)
- Despite the fact that it is possible to set a value permitting one reading every 30 seconds, the minimum value of 60 seconds is recommended, especially for areas with poor 2G/3G/4G coverage.
Description: Allows to specify if the data collected from GPS should be stored in the internal LOGGER_ for its further transmission to a server or they should be sent via a socket to specified address and TPC port.
- logger, socket, fasthttp
- Default value: logger
- By setting the value “logger” each GPS received (each “GPS_period” seconds) is stored in the internal LOGGER_ . This way information is stored in flash memory to be sent in real time or later if there is not 2G/3G/4G coverante in a concrete moment. The “logger” option is the most properly way to implement a fleet control due to the GPS positions are not lost if the 2G/3G/4G network is missed for some time
- By setting the value “socket” MTX-Tunnel creates a TCP client socket to the configured IP in GPS_ip parameter and TCP port configured in GPS_port. This way every GPS_period seconds the current GPS location will be sent. This is the quickest way to send a location.Unlike the “logger” method locations are sent in real time,i.e. they are not stored in the internal LOGGER_. Useful for systems requiring real-time location
- Setting the value “fasthttp” is the quickest method of sending data through HTTP. You can establish one location transmission every 10 seconds approximately. In this mode LOGGER cannot be used for other tasks (GPIOs reading, Modbus values…)
Description: In case of using “socket’ mode in GPS_mode, this parameter allows to specify the sending IP address of a GPS location.
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (dirección IP o DNS)
- Default value: none
- This parameter is only taken into consideration if GPS_mode parameter is configured in “socket” mode. If “logger”or “fasthttp” mode is used, the sending IP address is specified in LOGGER_server, as usual
Description: In case of using “socket” mode in GPS_mode, this parameter allows to specify TCP port of GPS location transmission.
- 1… 65535
- Default value: 20010
- This parameter is only taken into consideration if GPS_mode parameter is configured in “socket” mode. If “logger”or “fasthttp” mode is used, the sending port is specified in LOGGER_server, as usual