Looking for something else?
Tunnel – Monitoring of 1 IEC870-5-102 meter via RS232 in real time (every 5 minutes) with data sent to the HTTP platform.
- An energy efficiency company needs to monitor in real time (every 15 minutes) the data of Active Absolute Energy (VabA), Inductive Reactive Absolute Energy (VabRi), Capacitive Reactive Absolute Energy (VabRc) of 1 meter with IEC 870-5-102 protocol with RS232 port and send the data to an HTTP platform
- The meter is in a location where coverage is not very good and connectivity is sometimes lost, so the modem must store the readings in its internal memory to send them when coverage returns. The modem must support 4G/3G/2G technologies
Solution: MTX-Tunnel firmware + MTX-T
Configuration file config.txt (master):
|Speed of serial port
No flux control
No flux control
APN GPRS provided by the GSM operator
Modem is always GPRS connected
Pin of the SIM
GPRS connection server type
Ping time to oversee connection
Google IP (f.e.) to ping
Time server backup
Auxiliar port has function IEC102
Inverted port on
Send SMS with commands from any phone
Modem doesn\’t respond to a missed call/SMS
Commands can be sent to the MTX by SMS
MTX responds with an SMS to a command SMS
Identifier id001, address 1715, pt. 1, password 7
Period to read counter
Logger on to store readings
Web platform url
Internal registry size
Max. number of registries
Sending mode via MQTT
- The data is sent to the HTTP server using a JSON object, which has the following example format:
– IMEI: IMEI of the modem (unique identifier of the MTX modem)
– TYPE: Indicates the type of frame. In this case IEC102
– TS: Timestamp of when the data was read
– P: User field
– ID: User identifier indicated in IEC102_meter1
– VBAB: Active absolute energy (VabA)
– VINA: Absolute Reactive Inductive Energy (VabRi)
– VABRI: Absolute Reactive Capacitive Energy (VabRc)
- Remember that the configuration data of the RS232 serial port of the modem must match the configuration of the RS232 port of the meter.
- If you need to monitor other meter parameters in addition to VabA, VabRi, VabRc, check the possibility at email@example.com.
- The IEC102_ configuration parameters are only available in the “MTX-Tunnel IEC870”, it is a product that is supplied separately.