Looking for something else?
Titan – Tacacs+
If an external Tacacs+ server is needed for the authentication of the HTTP and Telnet services, we need to configure in this section.
- Server: Tacacs+ server IP address or DNS
- Port: Tacacs+ tap port (default 49)
- Key: encryption password
- Service http: activate this box in case we want the access to the Titan router via HTTP to use the Tacacs+ authentication service
- Service console: activate this box in case we want the access to the Titan router via Telnet (remote console) to use Tacacs+ authentication
- Once configured click on the “SAVE CONFIG” button to save changes. Restart the router so changes apply
- Note the Titan router will allow us to use the username and password assigned to the user “admin” locally, so if the router does not have Internet connectivity (operator change, etc.) it can have a way to enter the router. Save the “admin” local password securely