Looking for something else?
From the MTX-Tunnel v9.22 version it is also possible to configure the MTX modems as a modbus slave device. By configuring the MTX modem as a modbus slave, you can write and read registries, read the status of the digital inputs, change the digital outputs and relays, read the analog digital converters, consult the coverage and send any command to the AT Modem (and to read the answer). This means you can perform any task you could do through Telnet, SMS, etc. with Modbus TCP. Only the Modbus commands 0x03 (reading) and 0x10 (writting) are implemented.
|99||STATUS AT EXECUTION||R|
|500-754||AT COMMAND RESPONSE||R|
Table of Contents
Description: By means of this parameter it is possible to activate / deactivate the Modbus TCP service of the MTXTunnel. When activated, it will cause the modem to behave like a Modbus Slave device, being able to control it from any Modbus TCP server (PC, SCADA, etc.).
- on, off
- Default value: off
Description: Configure the TCP port the MTX tunnel will use to receive incoming connections to be used as a Modbus slave.
- 1… 65535
- Default value: 502
- If you are configuring the MTX-Tunnel as a Modbus TCP gateway to Modbus RTU, do not use the same port number in the TCP_port and MODBUSTCP_port parameters. For example, if for the Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway you use TCP port 502, use TCP port 503 for this service
- Only a simultaneous connection is possible. If an existing connection exists and a new connection is entered, the connection will be accepted by closing the first connection
Description: Allows you to set a Password to be entered before you can perform a read or write operation.
- Maximum 10 alphanumeric characters
- Default value: none
- It would be advisable to specify a password to use the MTX-Tunnel as Modbus slave device with a SIM card with public IP address. This way, after making the connection to the port specified in MODBUSTCP_port, you must always enter the password in the registries between addresses 50 and 59
- You can also block non-authorized IP address connections if the firewall is enabled (FIREWALL_parameters)